Friday, May 8, 2015

And The Traveling Continues

In the last year I have somehow made my way from Congo to South Africa to Connecticut.  I spent some time in Virginia, experienced the "Big" feel of Texas, and am now in awe of my surroundings in Colorado.  So much for being the homebody that I had always proclaimed to be.

It seems fitting, perhaps a little corny, that I get back into the blogging scene during Nurse Appreciation Week.  Of course the encouragement from my family and friends helped propel me out of my comfort zones, but it has been travel nursing that has provided me with exciting experiences.

Sure hospital orientation every three months makes me want to gouge my eyes out and feeling like a new nurse the first couple of weeks of each contract is somewhat intimidating.  But I get to work in a variety of hospitals, some better than others, alongside some pretty amazing individuals.  I've seen things that I don't wish upon anybody, but have also been witness to unbelievable outcomes.  Nursing has become a part of me, and although it has only been about 7 years since I first started this career, I can't quite see myself doing anything else.  Even though I allow a few complaints to sneak out, I do in fact enjoy my job - whether I'm in Africa or America.

Along with work comes play - that's the other fun part about travel nursing.  I like to think of travel nursing as a sort of three month vacation with a side of work.  When I'm in a new place for a short amount of time, I do my fair share of exploring.  Thankfully, my travel buddies Sofia and Becky are excellent researchers so I'm never worried about not being able to fill up my days off with good food, good friends, and good fun.

These next few posts will primarily be a recap of the most recent cities Becky and I have lived in.  Really I'm using this blog as an excuse to go through all my pictures - I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!




No comments:

Post a Comment